[an error occurred while processing this directive]

About Us

Del Giudice Antiques opened its doors in 1990 in the historic building, Emanuels' Evangelical Church, which was built in 1914. After considerable restoration to keep the charm of the building, the shop is situated in the main body of the church with lovely original stained glass windows. The church is located in downtown Royal Oak, the center for antiques in the metropolitan Detroit area.

The shop is owned by the Del Giudice family. Father Pasquale was the first in the family to have the collecting & buying bug. His oldest son, Joseph, a graduate of art history, followed in his footsteps while the rest of the family, mother Gina, sons Michael and Paul worked behind the scenes. We basically started out as collectors never planning on making it a store. Because of our overzealous shopping and mother Gina never wanting all the things in the house, we decided to start dealing in antiques. In 1978, we started setting up at antique shows and selling to dealers. We started buying the works of Louis Icart and helped arrange the exhibition which went through the Orient for a year and a half. From this point, we began selling internationally to clients in Japan, France, Italy, England and Germany. Today, we do major shows throughout the country.

Our inventory includes 19th and 20th century European & American decorative and fine arts and estate jewelry. We specialize in the works of Louis Icart, 19th and 20th century paintings, sterling hollowware & flatware---including Georg Jensen, estate jewelry---both fine & costume, porcelain such as K.P.M., Meissen, Sevres and pottery as well, bronzes, marble sculptures, and horology. Shortly after opening the store, Joseph became a member of the International Society of Appraisers. We offer our clients appraisal services of personal property for insurance, estate distribution, etc. We also conduct on site tagged estate sales in the home.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]